5 Spiritual Laws That Strengthen or Shake Faith & Trust, Part 1
Spiritual Law – The Law of Opposites (reprinted from 2009)
Several years ago I read Neale Donald Walsch’s book, “Happier Than God”, which is a fabulous book
He identifies the five great Principles of Life on page 54 as:
1. The Energy of Attraction, which gives you power.
2. The Law of Opposites, which gives you opportunity.
3. The Gift of Wisdom, which gives you discernment.
4. The Joy Of Wonder, which gives you imagination.
5. The Presence of Cycles, which gives you eternity.
He says, “The Law of Opposites works in perfect harmony with the Energy of Attraction. This principle states that no sooner will you call something into your reality than it’s exact opposite will also appear – and always first”.
Opposites provides a context to experience what is desired by first experiencing what is undesired as a sign that you are on the right path toward your chosen objective.
We need the contrast to have a frame of reference to experience something for what it is.
- War and peace
- Love and hate
- Struggle and ease, surrender
- Fear and faith, trust
- Light and dark
Many people mistakenly see the appearance of the opposite of their desire as a block or obstacle that must be overcome and eliminated. They view the experience as a negative; a problem that is keeping them from having what they desire rather than path to success.
In the last several months, I’ve let go of a number of projects, graduated some old clients, decluttered my home and my life to be more focused on the things I feel inspired to pursue. Through the process of “releasing and letting go” the first thing that has shown up is an “emptiness and quiet.” My emails have dropped off, my phone isn’t ringing off the hook, and things feel slower right now.
My head sees this quieter period (which I asked for and created!) as a potential problem. My heart says, “YES! Thank you for this gift of time and space to step into the next and higher version of who I am meant to be!”
So, instead of slipping into “victim consciousness” and worry, I’ve decided to enjoy the time to let my imagination and inspiration guide me to what’s next.
How to appreciate the Law of Opposites?
Here are seven tips:
1. Bless the experience and say thank you.
2. Be open to uncover any subconscious beliefs and programs potentially contributing to what you are experiencing that are ready to be healed, released, and replaced.
3. Listen to your inner wisdom and guidance for clarity and perspective. It is the Gift of Wisdom that helps us to discern the difference between being up against a wall or at the entrance to a doorway.
4. Allow your curiosity and wonder to guide you to a more joyfull experience. Unleash the power of your imagination to dream of possibilities and opportunities on the horizon.
5. Put your attention on all the gifts and blessings in your life. Gratitude is a powerfull attitude shifter that moves us from a state of constriction to expansion.
6. Remind yourself that the Law of Opposites exists to light the way to your desires. Monitor your thoughts and judgments so that you see and feel the truth rather than react to the story and illusion you are creating in your mind.
7. Use your spiritual practices to stay connected to your heart and the Divine. Choose to do things that bring you joy. Reach out to the people who love and celebrate you.
Stay tuned to Part 2 coming in a two days
Does your faith shake?
Do you find it difficult to stand in full trust that all will be well when gripped by fear?
Does life feel unsafe?
Fear, doubt, confusion as well as excitement, passion, and wonder has made 2012 a wild emotional ride.
Do you long for inner stability and peace to know that, no matter what is happening, you will be ok?
Join me for a special FREE teleseminar called, ”Faith and Trust: Feeling Safe, Living In The Mystery of Change”. Tuesday, November 27, 2pm EST.
Strengthen your faith and trust as you expand into the New Year and open to the blessings of greater prosperity, joy, and love that are coming your way!
And I know there will be Divine guidance creating our experience together on this call! WOW.
May your faith and trust continue to blossom and guide you every day.
Love and blessings