I awoke this morning with today’s article swirling around in my head. That’s how inspiration often comes to me from Divine inspiration.
I’ve had Self-Love on my mind and in my heart because I have been on a very deep journey of “waking up” for the last few years. In fact what is true is that I have never felt more alive and aligned with my life path.
I am not the “me” I used to know or thought I was. I am more aligned with my true nature and my prayers to have a deeper relationship with God have become a reality. I believe one of the reasons I feel so much Grace and joy is because of my focus on self-love.
Love is our Divine nature and the Essence of the Divine. The absence of love separates us from who we are and God. Love is the bridge back “home.”
Below is a list of thirteen ways to love yourself which is really my list - the ways I love myself. This is a list that continues to expand as I do.
1. Commit to daily spiritual practices for stillness and communion with the God of your understanding. The relationship you have with your personal Divine is the most important relationship in your life. Prayer, meditations, journaling, inspirational reading, creating an altar, walks in nature, chanting, ceremonies and rituals…are all ways to deepen this most sacred relationship of love.
2. Ask for help when you need it. To be a great giver, you must also be a great receiver. Allow the people in your life to love you in return. And remember to invite the Universe to help – ask your angels, guides, Archangels, nature spirits… to be of service to you. Become helpless, which means acknowledging that you cannot do it all, all the time. Until you become helpless, God is helpless. “Let go and let God”.
3. Forgive yourself when you think, act, and do things in ways that are less than love. Each of us has done things that we regret, that have hurt another, or been unloving – resentments, jealousies, blaming, judgments…are expressions of inner pain. We cannot forgive absent of self-love and compassion.
4. Amend your inner self-talk. Become consciously aware of how you speak to yourself inside your head and what you repeat to others. Soften your language and choose words that treat YOU with love and respect. Look for ways to love your humanity rather than to condemn yourself.
5. Take responsibility for your thoughts, feeling and actions. Be a great role model of integrity in the ways you choose to show up in the world. Make amends when you have messed up in your humanness, let go of the “blame game”, and look at life as a grand adventure for learning, creating, and evolving.
6. Make choices that allow your heart to be expressed. Giving permission for your creativity, passions, gifts, strengths, and talents to flourish opens pathways for greater happiness and prosperity. You might even feel your soul smiling with joy! (I often do and it feels great!)
7. Set healthy boundaries and stick to them. Be willing to love yourself enough to say no and stop when you need to. Say yes when it feels right rather than from guilt or fear. Cultivate a courageous heart to teach people how to treat you by the ways in which you value yourself .
8. Surround yourself with emotionally safe people who positively support and love you. Having a circle of friends who cheer you on, share your values, lovingly tell you the truth, kick you in the butt when you need it, celebrate your victories, compassionately listen (without fixing) when your heart is hurting can be a lifeline back to your true SELF on those days when LIFE feels hard.
9. Be willing to boldly go where you have never gone before. Dare to step out of your comfort zone to take those inspired leaps of faith that feel Divinely guided. Your soul would NEVER nudge you to do something that would put you in deliberate danger or cause you pain without purpose.
Doing the shadow work, inner child processes and walking through pain are pathways to liberation from the darkness of past to the light of a brilliant future.
10. Do at least one thing every day that is personally pleasurable (I don’t mean something for another!). Look for ways to nourish your mind, body and spirit. What makes you giggle with delight? What juices and excites you with joy?
11. Hydrate yourself with good, clean water.Invest in a high quality water system to nourish your body. Add a pinch of Celtic salt daily to strengthen water absorption in the cells of your body. You can be drinking plenty of water and still be severely dehydrated (I was!)
12. Eat healthy chocolate such as Xocai chocolate. If you are a chocolate lover, this particular raw chocolate is reported to have the highest antioxidant values on the planet. People regularly eating this chocolate have received miraculous benefits including ease with weight loss, reduction in joint pain, cardiac reversals, eliminating emotional overeating, heightened positive outlook….
13. Eliminate processed and fast foods. Choose organic, whole, and raw food options as often as possible. Consider the food sources you are putting into your body that can create future illness, aging, and affect overall well-being. Your body will thank you!
Exercise, getting regular dental and health checkups contribute to keeping your body at optimal health. How you physically feel affects every area of your life!
As you read this list, notice the ones you most relate to.
Which ones do you commit to regularly?
What would you add or change to be more self- loving?
The greatest wound that humanity suffers is a lack of self-worth.
The greatest gift you can share with others is love and it first begins with loving yourself! If you cannot truly love yourself, you really cannot love another with the full capacity of your heart.
It’s not your fault if you have difficulty being kind, compassionate, forgiving and loving with yourself. Your past experiences, your family dynamics, cultural conditioning has all shaped who you have become as a human being.
Withholding self-love is painful. It can feel like living in hell inside with no way out, because wherever you go, you take YOU with you.
What’s blocking your ability to be immersed in this love is within your grasp….
Ready to fall more deeply in love with yourself?
That is the opportunity I am offering you today.
On Wednesday, September 18, we begin a Journey into Self-Love for 4 consecutive weeks. This journey through Self-Love will provide opportunities to explore what love means to you, Divine Love, personal & inner integrity so that you can embrace your value and align with your true nature of love.
Register through Friday, September 13 midnight EST at a special tuition of $197. On September 14 the tuition goes up to $297.
What is unique about this program are the transformational meditations and deepening processes that are Divinely inspired and created right in the session. People report breakthroughs right on the calls!
Read about the program and the testimonials from past participants.
Imagine your testimonial there. What would you like it to say?
Learn more and register here
I believe it will be one the best investments of self- love you gift to yourself this year! And yes, you do desevre it!
Love and blessings,